Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday was an incredible day for no other reason than the fact that it was a good day.

I was in a superb mood almost all day. I was so energetic and happy and ready for anything, I think I could have run a marathon! Part of this energy, I think, was because it felt like I was actually achieving something.

I wrote a cover letter and edited my synopsis yesterday. Then I went back and re-read the rules to find that my synopsis was 265 words over the limit. What was supposed to take roughly an hour took the better part of the day. However, I somehow managed to cut the 265 words. Of course, that means I have to leave it for another week and edit again, just to make sure that I still make sense.

I was very proud of myself yesterday. So proud was I, that I allowed myself time to play. I redrew a map of the world I'm writing. It now makes much better geological sense. However, I'm having trouble isolating a part of the map and blowing it up to include more detail... which I need to do if I'm to include the maps at all. The software is being troublesome.

In any case, I'm going to leave the map-making for now. I promised I'd start the 3rd round of edits today, and start them I shall. Hopefully it won't take nearly as long as the last round, and I'll be ready at last to submit the manuscript before the month is out. That's my goal at least. That way, I'll have two weeks to fix up the maps!

Righto, I should get on it. Have a great Tuesday everyone. I certainly shall. I'm going to see Fiddler on the Roof at the N.A.C. tonight!

No comments: