Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What to Do?

I had planned on continuing to write my synopsis today. Unfortunately, I can't continue.

It's already written.

I'm suspicious of this written-in-a-day synopsis. Trying to write a synopsis for The Third Prince turned me into a deranged wreck for the better part of a week. This latest one, by comparison, was relatively pain-free and stupidly fast. I expect that it's a rubbish synopsis and will have to be completely rewritten.

I'm going to distance myself from it for a day and look it over again tomorrow. I now have the rest of the week to edit it into some kind of shape. Then I'm going to leave it alone for another fortnight while I start, and hopefully finish, the third round of editing of the manuscript itself. Then I'm going to go back and edit the synopsis again.

Then I'm going to submit it and hope against hope that it's good enough at least for an honourable mention. Being short-listed would be better. Winning would be better still.

We'll see.

In other, non-writing related news, I am so sore. The muscles in my thighs are protesting the learning of a new form in Kung Fu training. It's one of the fundamentals of Plum Blossom Praying Mantis (our school primarily does Eight Step Praying Mantis, I think). It's a brilliant form, and will help with sparring immensely as it teaches the body how to move in and out, around and up and down very effectively. I like it a lot.

It's brutal on the thighs, though!

I'll not complain. I'm lucky to have thighs. In reality, I love this kind of hurt. It reminds me that I'm doing very cool stuff like Kung Fu.

Right, I have to go and figure out what I'm going to do with my day now. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: