Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Friday, November 26, 2010

Snow!

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I love snow. There's just something magical about waking up to a world that has suddenly turned white. Sigh.

It snowed last night... after the freezing rain. It's just gorgeous.

I intend to take full advantage of the snow this year. I'm not a skier (I tried, can't do it). BUT a friend of mine has wanted to take up snow-shoeing, and this gave me an idea. I can walk. I do it often and for long periods at a time. I very much enjoy walking. Thus:

I want snow shoes. It would be lovely to go out on the weekend and walk the snowy woods for a day. Talk about magical, imagination-building time!

I'll also have to buy a good pair of winter boots, ski pants and jacket, and a good hat....

I'll let you know how that goes.

There is no writing news. I was supposed to edit yesterday, but that plan failed miserably. Today I have to do some major overtime to catch up on everything. If I'm very, very, very lucky, I will be able to finish it today. If not, then Monday or Tuesday.

On that note, I have to go and get a move on. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: