Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Friday, November 12, 2010

Some Stuff About the Weekend

I forgot to post yesterday. That's not a bad thing, as there really isn't any new news. At all.

Man... I'm boring!

Today will be spent editing.

See? Boring!

I do have to say, though, now that I semi-kinda know what I'm looking for, editing has become a lot easier and a little more enjoyable. The challenge, often, is coming up with better ways to say what I want. Also, shorter sentences. Also, active voice.

This weekend, I turn 27. Shortly after I turned 25, I had a meltdown. I didn't think there was such a thing as 'quarter life crisis.' Yeah... there is. My meltdown was pretty horrific - like one loooooong panic attack. My thoughts at the time went something like this:

I'm going nowhere.
I'm so untalented.
What the hell am I supposed to do with my life?
I can't afford anything.
Why does no one love me?
I want my mother!

And other ridiculous notions that had me feeling like a GIANT loser. Let's face it. My life was going nowhere. I was in a dead-end job. My writing had no nibbles from anyone. My dating life... well... what dating life?

Two years later, nothing's really changed. Except my attitude.

I'm going somewhere.
I am talented, dammit!
I will be author - that is what I am doing with my life.
I still can't afford anything... yet.
I am loved.
But... I still want my mother.

So, I have no qualms about turning 27. Ask me again in three years. Perhaps I'll have an issue with that. For now, however, I'm good.

On that note, I have to get editing. Have a wonderful weekend, all. I know I will!

No comments: