Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Monday, October 25, 2010

UGH! That is all.

Motivation seems to be an issue with me right now. I think I'm putting a little too much pressure on myself. I'm stressed out about The Dying God & Other Stories, which is due to come out at the end of this month.

I'm stressed out about The Osprey and the Crow, which I am preparing to submit to competition at the end of the year.

I'm stressed about finances.

I'm stressed about life in general.

That is why, I've come to realise, I've been daydreaming so much. It's my defence against the world. It's good to escape every once in a while, but I think I've been doing it a little too much.

Because I'm stressed.

So today, I'm going to take a deep breath, play my music, and plunge into the work. If I'm really, really lucky, my daydreams won't take over today. I'll let you know how that works out.

In the meantime, Neil Gaiman has come up with a lovely idea for Hallowe'en. Read about it on his blog here. It's a good idea.

Until, tomorrow, then. Have a great Monday, even if it is Monday.

No comments: