Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

OUTRAGE! and Other Things

Yesterday, I read a blog post by an English teacher, and I was outraged. I was outraged for her, and the horrors she went through trying to get students to read. Worst of all, she was successful in getting her students reading. She had managed to raise their scores by impressive amounts. How was she rewarded?

With back-stabbing, bullying and worse by short-sighted parents and weak-willed principals. I am so upset for this poor woman. You MUST read her story, and you can do so here.

This should never, EVER be permitted. I am appalled at the parents responsible, and most especially at the principals of this school, who are supposed to be educators.

Thought control is a crime.

UGH! People!

Now that I've depressed you to pieces, here's some good news for self-publishers. A special thanks to Writer's Beware (via Facebook) for posting this article.

I got almost no editing done yesterday because the computer was being so difficult. That means I have my work cut out for me today! Must hop to. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

No comments: