Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Not Much to Note

Things are pretty quiet on my end. Come to think of it, my life in general isn't all that exciting at the moment.

I had lots of excitement when I was young. We moved around every two years. I was bullied. A lot. I change schools. I changed subjects. I met new people. Made new friends.

Now that I'm all "grown up" life appears to have slowed down some. I'm not really meeting that many new people. Not that I particularly want to. I have found that people, in general, annoy me. Present company excluded, of course.

I wake up. I get ready. I go to work. I go to training. I come home. I sleep. Five days a week (unless it's Friday. There isn't training Fridays), every week of the year. Weekends follow a similar pattern. Saturday: wake up, eat breakfast, go to Lion Dance, teach Kung Fu, go home. Sunday: sleep.

Boring!

Luckily, I have an imagination into which I regularly escape. In there, all sorts of adventures are happening - and most of it is terribly exciting. You know, as exciting as wars and hardship can be. Of course, if I was living the life I imagine, I'd want to slow the pace a little. I'd probably want the quiet, thoroughly unexciting life I lead now. I just can't win!

I am still hoping for some excitement in my real life. Like an email from an agent or publisher that says:
'Loved it. Sending the contract today.'
Or some such.

That would be so exciting, I might drop dead of a heart attack. Now that would be ironic!

Until then, I'm plugging away at editing and forever hoping that I might yet be a published author. Le sigh.

Speaking of editing, I must get cracking. Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments: