Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Computer Trouble

I'm so sorry this post is so late. The computer just crashed, and I got a big blue screen with white writing which told me that a very serious problem occurred and Windows had to shut down.

So, today will be spent backing up all my stuff, and scanning every inch of the hard drive with various programmes in the hopes that something might get fixed. Le sigh. I hate it when computers near the end of their lives.

Writing wise, things have been going slowly. I've managed to do no editing for the past couple of days as a new story idea ferments in my mind. I have roughly 100 pages left to edit, then I must go back and address the issues raised by another Beta Reader.

Editing is such draining work! It must be done, however. With luck and a little perseverance, I ought to be finished the first round of edits by the end of next week. There will be a small celebration.

All I can say right now is, "Thank goodness for training!"

I know I've talked on the subject before, but it's incredibly important to get out and away from the computer and exercise! I feel calmer and more able for it.

Right, I have to start backing up my stuff. Have a great Wednesday all!

No comments: