Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Friday, October 29, 2010

Owie

I'm bruised. I'm not talking about my ego or my heart. I mean I am actually, physically bruised. I have a very large bruise on my forearm that is in the vague shape of an upside-down heart. When I asked what to make of it, someone replied:

Love hurts.

It put a smile on my face, in any case.

On the very same forearm I have managed to bruise the bone near my wrist. So much so that it hurts to move my hand a certain way. It was a right pain during training last night, as a simply slap block sent heady aches all down my forearm. This particular bruise cannot be seen. It hurts more than the other bruise, though! I look like the poster-child for spousal abuse. Now if only there was a spouse to blame it on....

I'm telling you this because I think I might be something of a masochist (but without the sexual overtones). I constantly get hurt at training, but I go regardless and thoroughly enjoy myself. I constantly put my work out for judgement, and get injured by rejection. To be fair to me, though, I don't enjoy that so much. In love... well, don't get me started.

Alright, that's enough whining. There are two very important reminders.

1) The Dying God & Other Stories is released this Sunday. I nervous and scared and a little excited. I don't expect the world of this eBook, but it's nice to have something out there for people to read (since I'm so jealously guarding my novels).

2) There are things to be won! There are three competitions being run for the release of The Dying God & Other Stories. Enter at least one of them. You never know, you could be a winner! GO HERE to learn what is up for grabs and how to enter.

I think that covers about everything. This is the last post before the release of The Dying God & Other Stories (I'm just seeing how many times I can plug the title into one post). How exciting! I shall relate to you all the gory details of the party on Monday. Possibly Tuesday if it's a really good party.

So, just to say goodbye, here is the book trailer (again) for The Dying God & Other Stories (that's 4. Not bad):

No comments: