Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday's News

Life is great today!

I'm doing the stress-free life this week. I've been taking my editing very lightly - only a page or so a day. I've done this for several reasons. First and foremost, I dislike the exercise. I understand that it's necessary and proper. I just don't like doing it. Secondly, my brain has switched into daydream mode, rendering any other mental capacity absolutely useless. I'm sure it'll pass soon. Mind you, I'm enjoying these daydreams! Thirdly, I've been concentrating on The Dying God & Other Stories more as it is due to be released in nine days (eeep!).

I've been listening to some old school classic rock. These songs I have loved, but, oddly, forgot about. I would like to thank whomever is responsible for the music on the show Supernatural for reminding me about how awesome this stuff is. Look up these songs, and tell me they don't make your day:

Carry On My Wayward Son - Kansas
Don't Fear the Reaper - The Blue Oyster Cult
Red Right Hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
Fight the Good Fight - Triumph
Hot Blooded - Foreigner
Anything AC/DC

That's a very small selection of very awesome music. Now why can't people play and sing like that now days?

This weekend, my Kung Fu school is visiting my Kung Fu brother M.F. in Montreal. Unfortunately, due to the fact that I'm poor as dirt, I won't be attending. I'm making a sad face. M.F. also happens to be one of my favourite Beta Readers because he's honest and to the point. For this reason, I'm sending down a little gift for him (hint: it's an original of one of the drawings I did for The Dying God).

Don't forget, there are 3 competitions running this month for The Dying God & Other Stories. Read about them here, then enter them. You've got to be in them to win them!

For today's giggle you must read this.

I think that's everything. Have a lovely weekend everyone!

No comments: