Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Friday, October 15, 2010

A Positive Wednesday

Well, yesterday was fun!

I posted up news of the book trailer for The Dying God & Other Stories on every social networking site I belong to, and with the generous help of others, it went pretty far. I feel... almost famous!

I was pleased to find the trailer reposted on the Lebrary.com facebook fan page (yay for free advertising!). Then later that day, I found my name mentioned in a very short article on Lebrary.com. You can check that out here.

The book was also mentioned on LinkedIn.com by a friend of mine and fellow author Ronnie Dauber. She also posted a little something about the book on her blog. You can read it here.

I now have a subscriber on Youtube.com... someone who isn't family! They might be sorely disappointed though. I don't know how many videos I'll be posting. Perhaps there'll be more videos later on. Perhaps not. Who knows?

I am so incredibly flattered and humbled by everyone's help on this.

And now I'm really terrified. With all this hype (admittedly, a very small amount of hype in a very small circle of people), what happens if my book is utter rubbish? What if people hate it? I know I've posted about that yesterday... but it's really playing on my mind right now. I'm sooooo nervous!

And breathe.

I have a tonne of other stuff to worry about. Finish editing The Osprey and the Crow, for one. I got almost nothing done in that regard yesterday. I was a little caught up in the positive responses to the book trailer. I must focus. With that in mind, I'll stop bugging you with my neurosis.

Have a great weekend all, I shall return Monday.

No comments: