Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Monday, August 16, 2010

What a Weekend!

It has been a great weekend.

I met a new friend, I rejoined old friends, and reconnected with family.

Lion Dance training has begun again. It was a very hot and muggy day when we practiced. There was nothing more than an open door and some ceiling fans to help us cope with the heat... but it was still awesome.

Sunday, I went out to Dim Sum with my Dad for a very belated Father's Day gift. It was lovely. I quite miss hanging out with dad. I should do it more often.

Sunday was such a great day. There were early morning thunderstorms. I adore thunderstorms. It poured down rain for most of the rest of the day. This morning around 4:00 am I was awoken by yet another thunderstorm. It was so lovely. Though, Galahad spent most of that terrified under my bed. He meowed when he saw me stick my head over the side to check if he was alright. I'm in such a good mood because of those storms!

This week is going to be one of incredibly hard work. I have decided to revisit The Great Man Series. It looks as though I might add two more books now, making it a six book series. There are great chunks of Julian's life that I glossed over because I thought them relatively unimportant. The first two books will not change, so my first priority is to go through and fix up books one and two before breaking apart books three and four for a colossal rearranging!

Since I await the rest of my Beta Readers to get back to me with The Dying God & Other Stories, and Book One of The Seraphimé Saga (The Osprey and the Crow) is ready and awaiting the Beta Readers, I have nothing else to do but improve the story I am most fond of.

Until tomorrow, then. Have yourselves a lovely Monday. I have tonnes of work to get started on.

No comments: