Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Running Late

I was running late this morning when I woke up.

I was running late this morning when I walked into work.

I was running late this morning when I started this blog post.

Sorry about that.

The cats were fighting on my bed at 5:30 this morning and so I slept in after it was all settled. Normally, Persephone bugs the hell out of me to feed her 'round about 7:00. She probably decided that I needed the sleep...

I did well yesterday. I've gotten through to page 403, which ends chapter 33. I've noted down some continuity errors, wrote an entire new chapter and several new sections of other chapters, and then, at about 4:00pm, I gave up and rested. I felt very productive yesterday.

Today, I am going to rewrite the entire ending. There is a large section of narrative in the following book that I am getting rid of, and the lead up to in this book much also go. It's a fire sale! It's about two chapters worth of stuff I'll be removing in Lord of Horses. Not to worry, however, I have a new narrative that was just touched on in the next book that I want to make the focus of the next book, so I think there is roughly three chapters of new material to be inserted in their place.

Right, there is a lot to do today, so I have to get going. I'm running late.

Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments: