Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dear Online Community

Dear Online Communities,

Firstly, I would like to thank-you for all you have given me. I have met some marvellous people through you. You have provided insights on all things writerly, good or bad. However, I find that I simply cannot keep up with you.

I write a large amount each day - most of the time. In order for me to be able to write so, I must be able to concentrate. I cannot concentrate with you always bleeping updates in my face as you do. More to the point, I feel terrible that I cannot contribute more often. To do so would adversely effect my writing.

I know you miss me, and I'm so sorry, but I'm going to have to cut many of you loose. Please understand, it's not you, it's me.

I wish you all the best in your infinite lifetime, and am supremely grateful for all you've done for me.

All my love,

S.M. Carrière
PS - that's not every online community. I do need some friends after all!

No comments: