Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wow

There's a lot more to write about this morning than I had anticipated. That is the main reason for my very late post. Sorry.

Right, first thing's first. I received another email from H.A.P.P.Y. (Help a Publisher Publish You) and therefore sent out one more electronic query. This one to Veltre. Now, they won't respond at all if they don' t like your query, so this is one I can easily forget about. I also prepared a submission to send to Writer's House, which is a HUGE agency. This one they only take via mail, so I have to wait until April to get down to the U.S.A. to purchase the international US Postal Stamps with which I am to adorn my S.A.S.E. (self-addressed, stamped envelope). I'll be sending it in from there.

Along with it shall be any number of similar queries for agencies that only accept queries via regular mail. That will truly be a mail blast. Although, so far I only have two to send. There'll be more.

Doing these seemingly menial tasks took all morning.

Yesterday, after having a flash of inspiration on the way to training Tuesday evening, I hurried to write down everything I had dreamed up. 3 000 words later (or just about), it's all down, with more flowing. I have no idea where this story is going, what it is about, or what's going to happen.... Just like what happened with The Great Man series. So, we'll have to see, won't we?

I'm still having issues with my library card, which I will hopefully sort out soon, because I really do need to get reading for that essay I'm supposed to write!

I think that about covers everything. So I'll just say a quick hello to Quebec:

Hello, Quebec!

Visitor Location: Westmount, QC (Canada)
Date: March 24, 2010
Time: 5:58 PM EST

And leave it there. Have a lovely Thursday everyone. With one submission done today, I'm feeling like it's going to be a great one!

No comments: