Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Friday, March 12, 2010

She Was Right, You Know

I have been told off, and quite rightly so, might I add. For a crazy moment yesterday, I let my fear of failure get to me. In the comments I read this morning, KuietKelticGirl stressed that I should remain positive, lest my fears cause the very thing I fear the most. Quite wise, I must say.

So, the mantra for this morning is: "I will be published."

Thank-you KuietKelticGirl!

There isn't anything else much to report except to say I've finished the marking I had to do, and now I have to tackle that short story I'm trying to write. I have a great deal of respect for people who write short stories. Short stories are hard. I can't seem to manage it at all. I've been struggling with the last 2 500 words or so of a 5 000 word short story for weeks on end.

How ironic. I can write 100 000 words in just over three months, but it take me close to a whole month to write a story that is only 5% of a typical novel. What's the deal there? Oh well. There's nothing for it. I must get cracking on that. The competition deadline is fast approaching!

I think that's everything for today. Oh, wait!

Hello U.S.A.!

Visitor Location: New York, NY
Date: March 12, 2010
Time: 6:08 AM EST

In just over a month, I'll be in New York for a fun trip with my Kung Fu school, so perchance we'll meet!

Perchance. That's my 19th century Tourrette's acting up again. No more Hornblower for me! Well, that's a lie. Of course I'm going to continue watching it....

Well, I cut my ramblings there and wish you all a lovely weekend. I shall be spending it with Dad. Until Monday, then. Have fun!

No comments: