Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Nothing

Well, as the title suggests, there really is nothing much to report. There is one more Ziggs.com search notification that came in this morning.

Hello, U.S.A.!

Visitor Location: Pikesville, MD
Date: March 09, 2010
Time: 10:33 PM EST

Galahad returned from the Ottawa Spay and Neuter Clinic yesterday in high spirits. He was, according to my flatmate, purring rather loudly and, much like his owners (read here: staff), refused to rest and recuperate. He was, as of this morning, in high spirits and quite happy. Perhaps he hasn't noticed yet.

Then there was this link that Neil Gaiman posted on his blog about the image of Jesus that appeared in the lid of a jar of marmite. Have a look. Personally I think it looks like a pissed-off biker with a bushy handlebar moustache myself, but, whatever. Art is in the interpretation.

Also, I've just been introduced to the BBC's mini series Hornblower starring a young-looking Ioan Gruffudd (though not quite so young as to pass for a 17-year-old). I have to say, Mr. Gruffudd is quite attractive, in a lanky, not Hollywood kind of way. In any case, there seems to be a terrible side-effect to watching too many episodes of a 19th century story and that is, one tends to talk like they are in the said 19th century story. At least, I do. I've caught myself out with oddly archaic turns of phrase and I can't seem to stop. I fear I will be talking like Horatio Hornblower all my life now, and more modern expressions will escape my tongue when I'm grasping for something to say.

So, be warned - if you happen to meet me on the street and I sound like a character out of C.S. Forester's novels, don't fret. I'm not insane. Just a little linguistically lost, that's all.

Since there is nothing else to report, I'll finish watching the rest of Hornblower and leave you all to your own musings. Until then, have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: