Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Monday, March 21, 2011

My First Review

Good morning all!

I've had my first ever review (for The Dying God & Other Stories), and it was brilliant! It was so lovely, I posted up on the website for said book. You can read it here. Just in case you don't believe that I didn't write it myself, here is the link to the original review. See - exactly the same!

Not bad for a first ever review! It put me on cloud nine for about three seconds before the doubts started in: What if they were just being nice, and it's really utter crap? I'm really going to have to learn to manage the doubts that continually plague me.

In any case, it's still a great review and I'm happy about it. I was so happy on Friday that I spent most of the time dancing around in my seat and got absolutely no writing done whatever. Quite normally I take Friday's off, so I'm not terribly upset about it.

I will be writing today as soon as I'm finished with everything else I have to catch up this morning. With some luck, I'll make my 3 000 words. Here's hoping anyway.

Today's Forgotten English is:

Broozle:

To perspire violently for toil. [From] Belgian broeijen, to grow warm of hot, or Teutonic bruysen, to foam, as we speak of a brothe of sweat.
- John Longmuir's edition of Jamieson's Dictionary of the Scottish Language, 1867

I'm never going to use this word. It sounds far too comical.

You should buy the Forgotten English calendar. Just under today's word is the headline Man Studies Himself to Death. No joke. It's a pretty sad story, actually. Yet for some reason, I find it funny. Perhaps I'm mildly sociopathic. That is now a word.

Right, must stop blathering and get on with my day. Have a lovely Monday everyone.

No comments: