Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Book Review: Remember Me?

Remember Me?Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Don't expect great things from this book. It isn't ground-breaking. It's horribly formulaic, predictable and, all in all, pretty silly. That is to say, this book is perfect for those once in a while reads where you just need something light and dopey to boost your mood.

To be perfectly honest, I don't really read these sorts of books very often. Those who know me will be unsurprised by this. Sometimes, however, you need to break away from the heavy emotional stuff and indulge in girly fluff.

And that is precisely what this book is. Fluff.

A nice, light entertaining read for a snowy, grey day.

View all my reviews

And the Forgotten English word of the day is:

Bittock:

If you ask a Scotchman [sic] the distance to any place he will reply, after asking you in return where you came from, that it is so many miles and a bittock.

- James Maitland's American Slang Dictionary, 1891.

Well, that was decidedly unhelpful. In other news, it's back to writing for me. I'm making a start on Overlord, Book 4 of The Great Man series. Wish me luck!

No comments: