Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Dilemma

What to do? What to do?

Fridays are usually reserved as a no-writing work day. I do other things like read, or sleep, or play cards. However, I've been away from writing for so long, I feel the need to 'catch-up,' as it were. I'm not sure what to do now. Should I write? Or should I spend the day in abject boredom, feeling guilty because I could be writing?

There's no competition, really.

As I'm a generous, and generally boring sort, there's nothing left by today's Forgotten English.

Campanology:

A discourse on bells of bell-ringing; from Italian campa, bell.
- James Donald's Chambers' Etymological Dictionary of the English Language, 1877.

I knew this one as well. It was the title of one episode of BBC's Qi. Gosh I love that show! I'm off for the weekend. I shall see you anon. Have a lovely weekend.

No comments: