Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Friends Are Ridiculous

Last night was hilarious fun - a casual evening of pizza, wine and DDR on the Wii. For those who don't know, DDR = Dance Dance Revolution.

Man was it ridiculous fun!

You want ridiculous? Watch people stomp on a mat until they fall over (or very nearly).

I'll be the first to admit. When it comes to DDR, I'm bloody terrible. Not as terrible as some, but terrible. I misstep and I flail and I swear and giggle and probably look like a running-man robot that's gone out of control. I take comfort in the fact that my friends all looked much the same.

I'm am so glad that my friends are ridiculous, and don't have any of that false pride that stops people from having fun.

It was a great night. We ought to do it again!

On the writing front, I only managed to do 2 000 words yesterday. I'm slipping! However, I do have the rest of the story now tucked safely in my head, and I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to get to 3 000 words today... if only I can focus!

Must focus.

On that note, have a ridiculously good Thursday!

No comments: