Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Monday, December 20, 2010

A Bracing Weekend

Good morning everyone!

The brace is, unfortunately, still on. However, I will still attempt to write my daily target of 3 000 words. The brace comes off tomorrow evening, and hopefully stays off for the rest of my life. There will be a party.

Luckily, I have figured out a way to type with the brace on... sort of. It shouldn't be too much of a hassle to type! Hopefully there won't be very many typographical errors, either.

Some exciting news, for me at least. I finally have a pair of walking boots that don't leak! Celebration! I was tired of arriving to work with soggy socks. I walked into work this morning to test them out. I'm happy to say that my sock are nice and dry, and my feet were toasty warm the entire walk. I like these boots. So much so that I devoted an entire paragraph to them!

The weekend was wonderful. There was a small gathering at my place. J.M-B. had arranged a carolling party. I had dinner plans that evening, so didn't make it out carolling, but I did make it back in time for the drinks/food afterwards. It is always a good time with J.M-B. and co.!

Saturday was lovely also. Due to my brace, I didn't go to Lion Dance. I did teach, though and was presented with a lovely bottle of fortified cider. It's a great drink, actually.

Saturday evening was the Wutan Christmas party. Organised by my good friend, K.C. (who deserves public accolade for all his efforts - thank-you, K.C.!), it was a great time. Good people took over Singha Thai restaurant for the evening. A wonderful time was had by all, and I'm sure there shall be some very embarrassing footage floating about the inter-webs shortly.

I think I've said it enough, but it deserves saying again. I adore my "Kung Fu family."

Afterwards a select number of us went out to a local pub and had a few more drinks.

I felt that Sunday. It wasn't so much the alcohol as it was the lateness of my return. I am effectively an old lady when it comes to sleeping habits. I go to bed very early, usually. Around 10:30 or 11:00 pm with some few exceptions. Staying out 'till 3:00am was very unusual. It depleted my reserves. So, despite having no headache, exhaustion kept me to my bed all day Sunday. I needed to do the dishes, but just couldn't!

Not to worry. I'll probably do them this evening.

That was my weekend. How was yours?

Must dash. Computer is slow, thus writing will start late. Have a great Monday everyone!

No comments: