Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm Ridiculous

After the very slow, often interrupted start that marked my return to The Great Man series yesterday, I suddenly turned into the writing equivalent of Robocop. I couldn't be stopped.

I was thinking that it might take some time for me to get my head out of the world of The Seraphimé Saga and back into Julian's very messy world. Apparently not. Before lunch I had written 1 000 words. Thinking that an achievement I was quite satisfied to leave it at that.

I guess my muse had other ideas. At roughly three o'clock I had clocked in my 3 000th word. 3 000 is my daily target for days that I'm not just starting out and have relatively few interruptions. Not satisfied with that, I turned to book one (The Third Prince) and started formatting and re-editing. In fact, I had to literally pull myself away from the computer in order to get to training on time!

Wow.

I was so productive yesterday, I make myself ill.

I only hope I can keep it up until The Great Man series is all written out properly! Wish me luck! On that note, I must get to work. Have a lovely Tuesday everyone!

No comments: