Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Monday, May 10, 2010

A Severe Case of Monday-itis

Happy Monday everyone...

It's not so happy for me. A little tense actually. My Dad has gone in to get a pacemaker put in. It'll all be fine, I'm sure, but since I haven't been connected at home, I feel like I'm the worst daughter ever. I haven't been able to email him (except briefly on Saturday morning, and I'm not sure he got it, since he did not email me back.... which makes me nervous that he went to a show we were supposed to go to, but ended up not being able to as there was a hiccup with the tickets... which will make me feel awful if that's the case). I also haven't been able to call him, since my phone is, in fact, Skype (VoIP, essentially). I'm all anxious and tense.

To add to the miseries of the weekend, it was freezing cold and rainy. I had to go grocery shopping yesterday, and discovered that a fleece, scarf and a jacket were not enough to keep out the cold. This morning was also cold, but thankfully there was some sun. As if to be spiteful, the landlords at work have put on the air-conditioners, and I'm sitting at the desk in my jacket, wishing for summer.

If the weather wasn't miserable enough, the fact that two more rejections came through has broken this donkey's back. Not really. But it just made me even more miserable and cranky. One of the rejections was from an agent who had requested more material. She only asked for 5 pages. Double-spaced, so really, only 2.5 pages. It didn't capture her imagination as she had hoped it would, she said. Well of course not. Damn it.

Oh, and sorry this blog post is late, the computer took it's sweet time loading, and is still being stupidly slow. So much so that I've sworn at it several times. Not that it helped any....

Don't mind me, I've just got a lot on my plate right now, and I'm feeling a little stressed.

Right, onto some other things. There were a fair few Ziggs.com searches in my inbox this morning. Thus, hello no frikkin' clue (again):

Visitor Location: N/A
Date: May 09, 2010
Time: 9:59 AM EST

Visitor Location: N/A
Date: May 09, 2010
Time: 12:54 PM EST

In other news, Writer's Beware had a really good blog post that all authors beginning to submit should read. Click here to read it. You'll be glad you did.

Right, that's it. Hope you're all having a better Monday than I!

No comments: