Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Dear Mama,

A MOTHER

This is just for you, for everything you've done, for everything you are, and for everything I am.

For all the love you gave me, thank-you.
For your understanding and support, thank-you.
For a childhood of magic and joy, thank-you.
For the care of all my scrapes, scratches, bruises and fevers, thank-you.
For your generosity, your council and counsel, thank-you.
For guiding my hand when I was floundering, thank-you.
For taking my hand when I was suffering, thank-you.

There will never be enough 'thank-you's to express just how grateful I am that you are who you are, and thus in turn, for the me that I am. Lord knows, I could not be me without you. You are my sun and stars, my hopes and dreams, my heart and soul.

You were, are and always will be, my dearest mama.

I love you.

No comments: