I've had a couple of questions as to my choice of story to be submitted for that competition I mentioned.
Many argued that I ought to put in The Third Prince since that is the story I want published so much. The truth is, I was seriously considering it until I realised that I already had The Third Prince in with another publisher.
Upon submitting the story, I had made a pact with the publishers (Baen Books) that I would not submit it to another publisher until a) I heard back from them or b) the 12 month average wait was over. Granted, they weren't physically there when I made that pact. I was simply doing it out of courtesy, really. I even said it here on this blog - I will wait to hear from them before resubmitting.
Thus, my hands are tied. I know tonnes of people would have a fit reading this and, while I understand that 12 months is a pretty ridiculous wait time, and that this competition offers a fabulous prize, I do have other stories I can submit, and so I can both enter the competition and keep my word.
Conscience is clear.
In other news, I've run out of illustration ideas so I'll be hunting down some ideas today. I should have the other two illustrations mapped out by this afternoon. I might have to do another one in case the photographer I contacted twice doesn't respond, or says I can't use his photo. That one will be in colour... so I have no idea what to do with it. Le sigh.
Righto, things to do today. Hope everyone has a lovely Tuesday.