Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Its The Small Things

Life's little pleasures are really what makes life worth living. Sometimes we lose sight of that. It's important to do things that make you happy.

For example, this morning I woke up to find both kitties asleep and purring on my legs. That made me so happy (and a little late, as I didn't want to get up and disturb them). I ate toast with vegemite for breakfast, which made me very, very happy. The sun was shining beautifully as I walked to work, which made me happy, and so on and so forth.

The same is said for writing really. You must celebrate the small things. Hit your word count for the day? Celebrate! Finished a chapter, a paragraph, a sentence? Celebrate!

Life just isn't any fun if you can't celebrate....

So on that note, happy Tuesday all!

No comments: