Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Soooo.....

There really isn't much to talk about, after having off-loaded my "inner turmoil" yesterday, other than the fact that this post is coming to you late because my alarm did not go off this morning and my cat, for once, decided to exercise the greatest patience. It resulted in my being awake, and her fed, exactly one hour after both were supposed to occur.

Speaking of cats, the kittens are so adorable, I don't think I'll be able to say goodbye to them very easily. We have found homes for Calli-Rose and Herne. Smeagol is still waiting, though we have one prospective owner (or should I say servant?) who is sitting on the fence right now. If she agrees to take him in, then all our wonderful, beautiful kittens will have found a good home with good owners/ staff. That makes me happy.

In other, completely unrelated news, I'm exceptionally happy to be able to watch Hey, Hey It's Saturday (a show I grew up with in Australia that is now back on the air) online from Canada. Now, why can't Good News Week be as generous! Of all the shows on in the land of Oz at the moment, it's Good News Week I'd most like to watch.... If anyone knows how I can watch GNW from Canada online, please direct me (none of the podcasts work, and the Channel Ten website will gladly show the ads, but not the episodes!).

In Archaeology news, another smaller stone circle near Stonehenge has been unearthed near the river Avon. The article on yahoo.ca said that it was part of the greater funerary complex of which Stonehenge was a focal point, then later noted that the Bluestones used in this latest find were likely removed and utilised during the construction of Stonehenge. Not to split hairs here, but a site that has been de-constructed to become part of another site nearby cannot be used simultaneously as the site that now no longer exists because it was disassembled to use in the new site. I'm splitting hairs here, but this piece of reporting was a bit shoddy at worse, and dreadfully unclear at best.

Perhaps I'm just cranky because I was 15 minutes late for work this morning... and haven't had breakfast. Time for porridge, I think.

Have a great morning everyone!

No comments: