Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Friday, October 16, 2009

Not My Book

This post has nothing to do with my book. Big surprise, right? Hardly any of my posts do these days, it seems. Rather, it has something to do with my bus ride into work this morning.

A girl collapsed and had some sort of seizure. I was sitting at the back of the bus (No. 1 for those of you familiar with the buses in Ottawa) and somewhere at the front of the bus came an almighty thud. The bus pulled over and I heard the bus-driver call "First Aid!"

One guy standing near the rear exit rushed forward and then disappeared at the front of the bus. Not one minute later I heard him order the bus-driver "Call 911." An ambulance was called and then the girl woke up and burst into tears. She seemed fine after that. We were all told to exit the bus as it would be parked there for a while.

A few minutes later the No. 7 arrived, followed closely by the ambulance. I had to get to work so I jumped on the No. 7 and was gone before the ambulance guys got to the front of the No. 1 (for those Aussies that might be reading, one of the ambulance guys looked almost exactly like Roger Corser. For those of you who do not know who Roger Corser is, he's an Australian actor).

I couldn't stay to see how things went, but I hope the girl is alright.

That's really everything I have. Dinner tonight with friends (I'm cooking a veggie spaghetti polonaise), dinner out tomorrow with more friends and movie and dinner out with Papa on Sunday.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: