Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Well, That Was...

... interesting.

Training last night was incredible. I had so much energy and I worked so hard for all three hours. Then I threw up.

For the first time in my lazy life (no, seriously. I pretty lazy when it comes to the physical stuff), I worked so hard at a physical activity, I made myself ill. I've heard of this happening. I've seen people run out of class because of this. I've never, ever experienced it myself.

And now I have.

Although, thankfully, my stomach waited until some time after the end of class before turning.

The funny thing is, I did nothing different this time prior to training. I ate my snack before heading off, drank tonnes of water before and during. However, it was extremely hot and humid, and I was non-stop for the full three hours (usually I'm a bit lazier and give myself long, sometimes permanent breaks before the three hour mark).

The really funny thing is, prior to the completion of class, I was thinking that I should start swimming in the mornings because I had so much energy and was feeling so good I wanted to step up my game.

That'll learn me.

Right, so I have to get writing. There's another 3 000 words that need to be put down today. So I'll leave you now. Instead of an awkward pause, have some Forgotten English:

Gleeamy

Of the weather, hot and sultry, with alternating showers.
- Thomas Darlington's Folk-Speech of South Cheshire, 1887

Showery, with bright intervals. From gleam, a hot interval of sunshine between showers; a ray of sunshine.
- Joseph Wright's English Dialect Dictionary, 1898-1905

No comments: