Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The End is Nigh!

Today, assuming all goes to plan, is the day that I reach the 100 000 word mark. That should finish the book. I say should because it clearly won't. I'll need more than 3 000 words to finish up. Also... I haven't written the prologue yet, so...

Yeah. Today was the target completion date and while I made my target, the book isn't complete. I'm not sure when it will be. Not long now, though. I'm almost there.

Except that I have to then write the Prologue and Epilogue. I'm guessing that this will be around the 110 000 word mark. Hopefully not longer. Though if it is longer, I won't feel nearly so terrible cutting the sections that are rubbish when it comes time to edit. There's a plus.

With luck, I'll be finished before the month is out. Then I can work on fixing up The Dying God, and then I can work on the super fun silly project I have in my head to take me away from all the death and despair of my current project.

Busy, busy!

Well, must fly. Have a lovely Wednesday all. I'll see you some time!

Eagle-Stone

This stone was formerly supposed to facilitate deliver, if bound on the thigh; and to prevent abortion, if bound on the arm.
- Robley Dunglison's Dictionary of Medical Science, 1844

No comments: