Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mission Impossible is Possible?

You know how yesterday I said that it would never happen? Well, it did happen. I wrote 6 00 words yesterday and am now totally caught up to where I ought to be. I do believe my online expression of disbelief and triumph went something like this:

I did it! I did it! I wrote 6 000 words in a day! In your face word count!

I was going to buy myself some chocolate on the way home to celebrate, but forgot to. Oh well. Next time.

I have another 3 000 words left to go before I reach my target minimum of 100 000. I think I can manage that today. Once there, it doesn't matter how many more words are needed to finish the story, I've reached the minimum number of words I require. So, though I've written (or will have) 100 000 words, I haven't actually finished the book yet... Hopefully that will happen before the month is out.

Then I can take a couple of guilt-free weeks off to recharge before tackling Puppet Master. I can't wait to get started on that one, actually. It is dark, dark, dark, dark! Hee hee!

Oops, running a bit late today. Must dash. Here is your daily dose of Forgotten English:

Tide

Time or season; the divisions of the 24 hours. From an ancient book in the old German dialect, Speygel der Leyen, or the Miirour of Laymen, it appears that the 24 hours were divided into prime, tierce, sext, none, vesper, fall of night, and metten (nightly mass). Out ancestors also had certain divisions of the artificial day, as undertide, &c.

- William Toone's Etymological Dictionary of Obsolete Words, 1832.

2 comments:

Pam Asberry said...

Well done on the word count yesterday! Just proves we can do whatever we set our minds to do. I wrote over 10,000 words one day last November during NaNoWriMo. It wasn't easy but I DID IT! Did you make your 3000 words today? I am hoping to follow in your footsteps tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration!

S.M. Carrière said...

10 000 words!?! I am so impressed! Very well done!!!

I did make my 3 000 today, thanks. It was a struggle after lunch to write the last 500 - some depressing news really cramped my style!

Good luck with the writing tomorrow. After 10 000 words, I'm sure you'll reach your target no problem!