Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Monday, April 18, 2011

I Shake My Fist, or,This Computer Really P!$$*$ Me Off!

Pardon for the strong language. Just so you can get an idea of how frustrated with my computer I am, as I started typing this post, it was precisely 11:30am. A full two hours after my post was supposed to have been published. It took a full two and half hours just for the computer to load my browser and then blogger.com.

I HATE this computer.

Just to give you another idea of the absolutely inanity of this beast I am forced to work with, words did not start appearing in this box, as I typed, until (literally) I typed the word 'precisely.'

I HATE this computer.

Oh, and while I'm at it, it stopped working when I went up a few lines so I could fix a typo. I had to reload the damned page and write this all out all over again.

All this valuable time wasted.

And it's not like I could have written while waiting, because I couldn't load Word while the computer was working so hard to load blogger. I have clicked on it. It is still yet to load.

I hate, I hate, I HATE this computer!

ARGH!

I think I'm done on the frustration rant. Needless to say, I'm going to have to write faster than the speed of light to make my word count today. I think I can safely say that today is a complete and utter write-off (hah hah... sorry, my unintended pun made me giggle). I won't be able to get anything done.

ARGH!

Sigh.

I had a lovely weekend, though. I suppose that counts for something.

I have to get writing, so here is today's Forgotten English:

Clashmaclavers

Low, idle, scandalous tales.
- John Mactaggart's Scottish Gallovidian Encyclopedia, 1824.

No comments: