Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Quiet Day

Well, life is quiet indeed. You know, apart from my mania...

Yesterday I finished the fourth (of five) illustration for my anthology The Dying God and Other Stories. It was supposed to be a man, but the face ended up being terribly effeminate, so I changed the body a little bit and now it's a woman. Apparently, I can't draw men. Grrr! Oh well, the end result was actually pretty good... as far as my skill level goes.

So, it looks like I'll be finished the basics of the anthology by the end of next week. Then I have to go through and edit my stories like crazy. I got a jump start on the story River Woman, which ought to be the first one to be edited properly and actually put into the the waiting template. It's kind of exciting, but as with the end of every project, also a little sad.

There was a novel I had started to write well before this anthology took over, but I'm afraid that will have to wait as I set about editing the first book of The Seraphimé Saga (The Osprey and the Crow) for entry into a competition. The deadline for that is fast approaching, and I need to get cracking!

So, it seems that even though I had made up my mind to give it a rest for now, I will be busy until the end of the year. I don't think I can do anything else but write! So, you know what? I don't care if I'm wildly successful. It would be nice, but it's not my imperative. I want to write. That is all. So, for however long it makes me happy, I will write, and to hell with the game. If I get in, great. If not, well, it won't matter.

Today, at least.

Right, I have to dream up some ideas for this last illustration. Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!

No comments: