Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Exhaustion!

Wow. Yesterday I was feeling all hopeful and energised. Today I feel so incredibly exhausted. I slept fitfully last night, had very bizarre dreams (which included a friend of mine getting bitten by a red-back spider... in Canada.... and his girlfriend meeting a girl who had the hots for him = very complicated and I just remember bits and pieces of it), and woke up idiotically early (4 something in the morning), and every half hour after that, feeling completely wiped.

AND I have so much work to do. I have to review the comments left by a Beta Reader(who got back to me super quick. Thanks so much, by the by!), and I have to physically divide The Osprey and the Crow into chapters (Thankfully I did most of the leg work yesterday).

AND I have to rewrite a considerable amount of the afore-mentioned novel. I read the first few pages and my heart sank. It was utter crap. It got better, but still, that first section needs a total rewrite, and some sections later on need rearranging.

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment!

O.K., instead of sitting here complaining about it, I'm going to get started. Hopefully I won't fall asleep on the keyboard....

Have a great Thursday all!

No comments: