Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Monday, July 12, 2010

A Brilliant Weekend

Well, though I've all but given up hope on The Great Man series, I had a fabulous weekend. My flatmate bough D.D.R. for the Wii. Oh, sorry, for those who don't know D.D.R. is Dance Dance Revolution. Yes, I am that much of a geek.

In any case, we played it for close to three hours Friday night. It was ridiculous fun... largely because I am an uncoordinated goof who couldn't step right if my life depended on it. I have decided to make it a weekend tradition. At least once every weekend I will play D.D.R.

Of course, jumping around on a vinyl mat did nothing for my broken left foot. It was very irritated with me all weekend. That, and I gave myself a blister on the bottom of same said foot.

This weekend marked the first in a month where I had nothing much to do. I went to Lion Dance Saturday morning. I tried walking there, but after the aggravation my foot suffered the night before, it was an ill-advised thing to do. I ended up having to stop half-way and take the bus.

Luckily for my foot, we didn't do any Lion Dance. We all learned how to drum instead. Can I just say, I lurve the drumming part. You get to make noise!

Sunday saw a day when I was obligated to do absolutely nothing. All day. I had no idea what to do with myself! I watched some Bones and then, out of sheer boredom, I cleaned my room. It was no small feat - my room had gotten quite messy over the month my sister was here (no time to tidy!).

And that, ladies and gentlemen, marked the most restful weekend I've had in a long, long time. It was great. Now, I have reading to finish. Have a great Monday (and oxymoron, I know) everyone!

P.S. - my apologies for the late post. It's Monday and the computer has decided to go on strike.... again.

No comments: