Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Monday, August 15, 2011

An Unproductive Weekend

But it was fun.

Saturday saw a birthday party at Mooney's Beach. It was simply a small gathering with a potluck meal. Still, it was lovely, and I met some pretty cool people.

Sunday, I went for a hike - on the correct path, this time. No more random adventures in unknown territory. It proved to be a lovely walk. I even reverted back to my half-feral bush baby self and did the hike mostly barefoot. Towards the end there it hurt a bit - my feet aren't as hard as they used to be.

I hate shoes.

If downtown were free of broken glass, and my route not currently torn up by construction, I would do a lot more walking bare foot.

Le sigh.

Thanks K.R. for a great weekend.

I meant to clean the house, but that didn't happen. I'll have to do it in fits and starts starting this evening. Hopefully, it'll stay clean this time.

I really don't know how the house manages to get so messy...

Writing is going well. I'm on target, so far (after writing Friday). Today I should hit the 15 000 mark... assuming I can write today. I'm a little tired and my brain is a little fried. We'll see.

There really isn't much else to report. I shall go now, and try to catch up on all the stuff I neglected to do this weekend (computer wise). Have a great Monday, all!

Borrower's Cap

The borrower is supposed to be ever ready to off with his cap and show complaisance to him from whom he wishes to obtain a loan.
- John Phin's Shakespeare Cyclopaedia and New Glossary, 1902

No comments: