Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Don't Wanna!

Ugh! It's only Thursday morning, and it feels like it ought to be Friday afternoon. It's been a pretty rough week at work, largely because people are stupid and I, being a lowly receptionist, am the scapegoat.

I don't mind getting into trouble if I've done something wrong. I really hate getting into trouble if someone else has done something wrong.

Ugh!

Anyway, you probably have a million better things to do then hear me groan about people at work. Frankly, I'm damned lucky to be employed at all:

Dear Universe,
Thank-you for this job and the fact that it lets me write.

Speaking of writing, I'm not doing too badly on the word count front. Just 3 000 more words today and I'm done for the week. Let's hope I get them all done today. Having tomorrow off would be lovely.

I suppose I really ought to get on with it. With luck, work will be better today and I'll be able to concentrate!

Have a good Thursday everyone!

Healsfang

A word used in Anglo-Saxon laws meaning originally some punishment and afterwards the fine in commutation thereof. The legal antiquaries since .. 1600 have taken it to mean pillory.
- Sir James Murray's New English Dictionary, 1909

Among the Saxons, healsfang - of heals, a necke, and fange to take.
- John Cowell's Interpreter ... Containing the Signification of Words, 1607

The sum every man sentenced to the pillorty would have had to pay to save him from that punishment.
- Benjamin Thorpe's Ancient Laws and Institutes of England, 1840

No comments: