Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, August 18, 2011

ARGH! GRR!

I hate technology!

The necessary edits to The Dying God have been made and for the past couple of days, after finishing my 3 000 words, I've been trying to convert the document at the correct page size (6 x 9 inches) with the correct dpi (300), and getting absolutely nowhere. At the same time, a friend of mine, who SO needs to be given extravagant gifts for his time and effort has been doing the same, with precisely the same result.

No dice.

It's frustrating as hell!

I'll just keep trying, I suppose. In the meantime, I'll keep at Ethan Cadfael: The Battle Prince. I'm on schedule as of today. We'll see if it is so at the end of today. I'm annoyed enough to leave writing behind and fight the .pdf converter all day.

But I won't. But I want to. No, I mustn't...

In the mean time, for your linguistic pleasure:

Purfled

Short-winded, especially in the consequence of being too lusty.
- John Jamieson's Etymological Dictionary of the Scottish Language, 1808

Full to excess, overloaded; swollen, inflated, turgid.
- Sir James Murray's New English Dictionary, 1908

Also in the form purfillit.
- Joseph Wright's English Dialect Dictionary, 1898-1905

No comments: