Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Worries and Wonders

Will wonders never cease? Yesterday, I was asked to join the LinkedIn network of Holly McClure of Sullivan Maxx Literary Agency. For those of you who have no idea why that's a big deal for me, Ms. McClure was one of the first agents I ever submitted to.

I was ultimately rejected, but Ms. McClure was very kind and I now have her letter taped to my computer screen so I can read it every time I feel discouraged. Read it I do, and I feel better.

So I'm very happy to be in contact with her again, even if I don't make it through this time around (of course I've resubmitted).

The resubmission cost me valuable writing time, so I didn't quite make my target yesterday. I'm a little closer though, and only have to write 3 500 (only...) today to get myself back on target for the week. I all goes well, I'll have written 10 000 by the end of the week. It's a bit ambitious, but whatever. It's a goal.

Right, must get on with it then. Have a great Wednesday all!

Swilking

Drunken. Said of a man who drinks till the liquor can be heard swilking about in his stomach.
- Fracis Taylor's Folk-Speech of South Lancashire, 1901

From swilk, the noise made by liquid in a partially-filled vessel.
- Joseph Wright's English Dialect Dictionary, 1898-1905

No comments: