Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Friday, May 20, 2011

I'm There! Now What?

Before I start this post properly, there's just something I really need to get off my chest:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZZ!
SQUEE!

Ahem, now back to your regularly scheduled programme....

Ladles and jellyspoons, I've made my 10 000 word mark on Puppet Master. Squee!

Now, I used to give myself Friday's off writing. That went out the window while rewriting Overlord. The question is, should I give myself the day off? I don't know. My fingers are a little achy, and my mind is a little sluggish... but Monday is a statutory holiday, and I won't be at a computer to write.

That means, if I don't make 3 000 today, I'll be 3 000 behind come Tuesday when I sit back down to write....

I think I've just answered my own question. I shall attempt 3 000 words today. I won't beat myself up if I don't make it, however. I'm pretty wiped.

So, on that note:

Month's Mind

An eager wish or longing. A very ancient phrase, many centuries old.
- Rev. Robert Forby's Vocabulary of East Anglia, 1830

Used allusively as a playful synonym for mind; an inclination, a fancy, a liking. Also (rarely) to be in a month's mind, to have strong expectations.
- Sir James Murray's New English Dictionary, 1908

Then I'm going to read. There is nothing better than a good book. Nothing. There are periods of time when I don't read anything at all, sometimes for months on end. Then, when I pick up a book at long last, there is nothing I'd rather be doing than lying in bed, with a hot cup of tea and that book.

I might have just talked myself out of writing...

No! No. I must write. At least a little bit.

2 comments:

Pam Asberry said...

S.M., I hope you made your goal on Friday, and I hope you are having a wonderful holiday. Thank goodness the world didn't end; I would really like to finish my novel before I die! :-)

S.M. Carrière said...

Hi Pam!

I did reach my goal, and then some. Cut and paste is my good friend! The long weekend was lovely, and I'm ready to get back at it.

How was your weekend?