Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'd Rather Write

This post may make me sound like a snob, but it cannot be helped. I feel I owe an explanation to the various online groups I belong to. The explanation is fairly simple:

I'd rather write.

I write all day. Then I either go home or, more often, head off the training. I don't have the time to spend hours in forum threads chatting. I try to touch base as often as I can, but you've probably noticed that it's not very often at all.

That's because, I'd rather write.

Writing is a powerful force, I'm sure you can all agree. It cannot be ignored and, at times, can take over completely. I'm not so strong of will that I can ignore it. I have to write. I don't really have a choice.

So, please don't be mad that you hardly ever hear from me. I'm trying to keep a good balance, but the writing, well, she's a demanding mistress.

On that note, today's Forgotten English:

Vinomadefied:

Soaked with wine; formed on Latin madefieri, to be soaked.
- Sir James Murray's New English Dictionary, 1928

No comments: