Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Flattery of the Highest Order

Yesterday afternoon I received the loveliest email from a friend I've made via facebook. Apparently, for my birthday I shall be given a pencil drawing portrait. In the meantime, he sketched this:


with profound apologies because he feels it doesn't much look like me. I'm flattered all the same, and am very grateful.

What a great afternoon I had yesterday because of this!

That great afternoon was replaced by a great evening, as I spent it at training. Three hours of training, and the final hour was pretty intense. I'm tired and achy now, but won't complain overmuch as 1) I brought it on myself and 2) It was frikkin' awesome and this is a good tired and achy... if there can be such a thing.

For a while yesterday, I was debating on whether I should write my script now, or wait until Script Frenzy next April to start the actual writing. I'm pretty much ready to write the thing, but I've decided to wait. Next year's Script Frenzy will be my first, so I don't want to ruin it.

In other news, I am completely addicted to HBO's Game of Thrones. It's actually very close to the book (from what I remember) and very, very, very well done. Also, it has Sean Bean, so it can't really go wrong. If you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend it. It's television that won't rot your brain.

Right, I'm off to do nothing in particular. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Yoke-Mating

Marriage; from yoke-mate, a yoke-fellow.
- Sir James Murray's New English Dictionary, 1918.

Can anyone tell me what the hell a yoke-fellow is?

No comments: