Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mwah hah hah hah!

An evil laugh was entirely necessary. I'm not sure what for, but it was most definitely necessary.

I feel great. Really, really, really great. I don't know why. Perhaps it was the monstrous cup of coffee I've just imbibed. Perhaps it's the prospect of training tonight. Perhaps it's because I practically slept all weekend, or that I have another Equestrian Archery lesson coming up on Sunday.

I might be the sleep, actually. I've been feeling pretty tired and run down, and I think I really needed that long weekend.

The other thing that might have an effect on my mood is that I'm now well ahead of my word count goal and need only write 500 words to reach today's target. I'm going to try for 3 000 nonetheless, but I only need 500. That's a good feeling.

I have cut and paste to thank for that really. Much of the early part of book 6 has been removed from book 6 and placed into book 5. I cringe a bit when I do it, but it needs to be done.

After all this writing, there is going to be one hell of an editing job ahead of me! I couldn't expect otherwise, having torn up three books, turned them into five books (book 1 was relatively untouched) and mixed old writing with new. It sounds like a mess - and it probably is. For now, however, it will do. At least until I get the entire story out on paper... or computer screen or what have you.

Well, I should get to it. Here's today's Forgotten English:

Fen-Nightingale

A frog; otherwise called a March-bird. It is that month when frogs are vocal.
- Rev. Robert Forby's Vocabulary of East Anglia, 1830

Fen-nightingales, toads and frogs, for their continued croaking at night. [From fen, swamp]
- John Camden Hotten's Slang Dictionary, 1887

Oddly enough, I knew this one. I can't recall how or why.

No comments: