Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This Post is Late, or, a Brand New Monitor

Good morning world!

I apologise for this post being tardy. I have a new monitor (YAY!) and so had to turn off the computer to plug it all in. Of course, that means the computer is all grumpy and slow as it usually is every Monday morning. Apparently, my computer hates Mondays.

I'm very pleased with myself this week already. I made my 3 000 words yesterday, and then struck on a great idea for the Prologue and Epilogue for the book, neither of which have been written yet. Since I'm also not quite finished the main body of the story at 97 000 odd words, I'm thinking that this one is going to be around the 110 000 word mark.

Also, at 97 000 odd words, I'm almost done, and that makes me happy.

Since there is nothing else to report, I'll just give you today's Forgotten English word of the day.

Snool:

To dispirit by chiding; or to depress the energies of life by excess of bodily toil.
- Charles Mackay's Lost Beauties of the English Language, 1874

To submit tamely; to cringe; to crawl meekly or humbly.
- Sir James Murray's New English Dictionary, 1919

No comments: