Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Friday, February 18, 2011

Random Moods

I've had a very up-and-down week emotionally. I'm not sure why, after all I haven't queried anyone and so have gotten no rejections. Rejections always bring me down.

Monday I was fine, if a little tired. Tuesday I was miserable - all day. Even three hours punching stuff didn't improve my mood as it usually does. Last night and this morning it switched. I now feel great.

I don't get it.

There isn't much news on my end as I am still reading. I should be finished the book today, though. I think. We'll see.

It's a long weekend this weekend, so I'll not be posting anything except the Forgotten English word of the day on Monday. Speaking of Forgotten English....

Mopple:

To confuse. Halliwell says moppil is a mistake or blunder.
- Rev. Alfred Easther's Glossary of the Dialect of Almondbury and Hudderfield, 1883

A state of disorder.
- Joseph Wright's English Dialect Dictionary, 1898-1905

Of an overgrown hedge, "In such a mopple."
- Francis Havergal's Herfordhire Words and Phrases, 1887

On that note, have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: