Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Still on Break

Taking my mother's advice, I'm continuing with my writing break and am, instead, reading. I'll have the book review soon, but you'll have to wait for it!

In the meantime, here is something that made me giggle.



David Mitchell is a regular guest on my favourite panel show, BBC's Qi. I stumbled across his youtube.com channel rather by accident. While many of his rants are funny, this one stood out. It seems Mr. Mitchell and I are on the same page when it comes to this.

And here's something that ought to make you think:


And now onto today's Forgotten English:

Spretched:

Cracked. Eggs which have been set upon are said to have become spretched a day or two before the liberation of the chicken is effected. Lincolnshire.
- James Halliwell's Dictionary of Archaic and Provincial Words, 1855

I don't know how I knew this, but I knew this one.

No comments: