Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Wednesday, February 9, 2011


This is the song I'm currently listening to. Sung by two greats of the Australian music industry - Jimmy Barnes and John Farnham. I listen to John Farnham every time I get homesick. His greatest hits lives happily on my iPod (favourite songs include You're the Voice, Have a Little Faith, and That's Freedom. Look him up, it's worth it!).

Needless to say, I'm a little homesick right now.

On the bright side, I've passed the 100 000 word mark for book 3 of The Great Man series. There's still a fair amount to write, but I think I'll be finished the rough draft of the book by the end of this week. It all depends on how long the Prologue and Epilogue take.

I'm sore and tired from training last night. So, I'll keep this post short. Here's today's Forgotten English:

Sinkings:

Toothache and neuralgia. From Dutch zinkings, rheumatism.
- Charles Pettman's Aficanderisms: A Glossary of South African Colloquial Words and Phrases, 1913

4 comments:

Debbie Maxwell Allen said...

Congratulations on having the end in sight for your book! I hope I can get that far.

~Debbie

S.M. Carrière said...

Thanks so much, Debbie.

I'm sure you'll get there.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step!

Arlee Bird said...

Not familiar with those artists, but I have heard this song. This is a very soulful version. Gosh, it made me kind of homesick too. I guess it's just one of those kinds of songs.

Lee
Tossing It Out and the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2011

S.M. Carrière said...

Both artists are Australian, and quite big there. I do believe they won a big award for this song...