Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Moving On

I was very cranky yesterday, but managed to channel most of my frustration at life into Overlord. The result was almost 3 500 words at the beginning of the book. I've removed over 50 000 words of story, so I have some making up to do, but I do think this new version will be much, much better. The part I removed was really a diversion - interesting, but really didn't serve the story well.

The remaining 50 000 words of story will have to be re-arranged and rewritten quite extensively as well. Reading over it yesterday, I realised I glossed over a lot of things that could be both interesting and pertinent to the story.

Today, I will try and finish up the scene I started yesterday. Then I have to get stuck into the first edits of The Osprey and the Crow. One of my Beta Readers has already finished and sent back notes and corrections. Thanks so much A.W!

I do have to get to work, so I'll leave it there. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday. Hopefully I will too!

No comments: