Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum.

- Graycie Harmon

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Lazy Long Weekend...

In which I managed to accomplish absolutely nothing.

It was good.

I have started rereading The Dying God & Other Stories to look for little errors before it's published. There's a surprising amount of small stuff that has slipped through the cracks. When that's done (this round ought to be finished today), I'll then be tackling Overlord, Book III of The Great Man series.

Gulp.

It terrifies me a little bit. I'm removing the entire main story of that book, and making a smaller side story the main focus. That means I'm getting rid of four major characters, not to mention pretty much all of the 100 000 words of that book. Then I'm rewriting, well, almost everything.

Book I took me a day. Book II took me a week. Book III will probably take me three months.

If you don't hear from me again, you know that the story got me, and is probably holding me hostage in some dank dungeon somewhere. Please, please, please send a rescue party! No seriously. A huge party. With balloons. Oooh, and music!

Alright, here goes... wish me luck! Have a lovely Tuesday everyone. Gulp.

No comments: